The School for Entrepreneurship & Technology (SET High) is a WASC-accredited, tuition-free public charter high school in San Diego. Our 12:1 student to teacher ratio, rich array of electives and hands-on learning make SET High a personal experience for every student. Here are our top 10 reasons to attend SET High:
1. At SET High, flexible scheduling is the norm. Our students and parents choose from a rich array of electives to create a unique course schedule; balancing each student’s passions with standards-based requirements.
2. This course scheduling flexibility carries over to our honors courses and dual enrollment with Mesa College — every student has access to curated, quality instruction and deeper dives. Dual enrollment == free college tuition!
3. We believe passion drives learning and discovery. By introducing our students to a variety of electives, SET high schoolers harness the enthusiasm and expertise of our highly-qualified and multi-talented teachers. We share our energy and enthusiasm, and provide our students a platform to develop their passions, purpose and performance as they chart their brighter futures.
4. We firmly believe high school doesn’t have to be stressful. Our SET High students love their teachers, AND love how they learn. We foster deeper senses of self as our students of all skills and talents learn together. SET offers amazing opportunities for our high school students to become innovative, creative, compassionate leaders.
5. Critical thinking and risk taking abound here; but success isn’t just academic. It’s also personal. Meeting challenges head-on, persevering when it’s tough, testing leadership skills… these are the ways our SET High students show their grit and growth.
6. We are one of only four California Distinguished High Schools in San Diego county. , We’re enabling the next generation of makers, business leaders and innovators, big thinkers and big dream chasers.
7. SET High is a proud member of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), which promotes high school athletics throughout the state. SET students play basketball, volleyball, track & field, cross country, and golf. SET also has a variety of clubs including bowling, rocketry, robotics, military meetup, mock trial, ASB, yearbook, and Newsday Tuesday to enhance the student experience.
8. We want SET High to be a great fit for you. We enroll and accept students any time of year and offer tours and shadow days to enable students and parents to decide if SET High is a good fit. We respect everyone enough to offer full transparency and no hard sell. We also deeply believe in our high school as a fantastic place to learn and grow, safely and imaginatively.
9. Foundational to SET High’s student success is our energetic and talented faculty and staff. We focus on building strong relationships with each student as an individual and creating a safe, productive learning environment for all. Combining this with a campus culture of inclusion and compassion we view our role not only to educate students to achieve academic excellence, but to also help them find and develop into their best selves – scholastically and as engaged, empathetic, curious global citizens.
10. UC A-G courses and Mesa College dual enrollment classes on campus build a strong foundation for the future. Our unique SET High student-led Passion Projects fuel each student’s love for learning.
At SET High, our flexible approach to high school gives our students independence to pursue an education that is meaningful and personal. Our goal is to help our students realize their dreams and gain acceptance to the school that will help them grow and achieve greatness beyond their life at SET. Whether they choose a highly competitive university, a music repertory school, or a college for the visual and performing arts, our students have our belief in them and our promise to invest in them to maximize their potential. Find out more, today! We’re enrolling.
About SET High
SET High offers each student individual attention from multi-talented, highly qualified teachers, a healthy camaraderie with classmates and an intellectually rigorous environment that brings out their talents and personality. With a wide variety of electives, flexible scheduling, dual enrollment college classes and more — our students regularly exceed their academic and personal expectations. Enrolling now!